Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Technology wins again.

I have some pictures to post, but the cable for my camera inexplicably doesn't fit into my USB port anymore. I'll have to get a new one before I can post pictures of anything.

So, I'll give you an itemized update in words now, with pictures shortly to follow:

1. Got the yarn from WEBS. It's a soft cotton in a grey-green color, and looks exactly like I expected it to (unlike that other green I just got -- see previous post). I've already started on my brother's sweater, and I can safely say that I love this yarn. Minimal splitting, soft to the touch, and flies on the needles. I can't wait to switch to the smaller size so I can see what this yarn does on my new Turbo Addis.

2. Finished one side of my Orangina and am halfway through the other. I'm hoping to get it done this week so I can wear it before the Ohio springtime takes its sudden plunge into summer. And before my courage runs out -- this top is a little flashy for me.(And by "flashy" I mean that it isn't solid, a t-shirt, or otherwise plain and boring. Hey, when you've got broad shoulders, a freakishly long torso, and a flat chest, you must know your limits.)

3. On a related note, I've been avoiding the Sexy Knitters' Club lately (well, by this I mean that I decided to read through the posts for once and am not doing it again any time soon). The last few times I've been browsing around, I've encountered women posting their husbands' responses to their finished garments. Here's the most recent one:
"The ribbon is pretty. Are you planning on wearing the rest of it outside the house though? That could quiet possibly be the most hideous top on the planet. Do they have competitions for things like that?"
I can't think of anything appropriate to say about this, so I'll just leave it at that.

4. The Boyfriend is visiting his family on the East Coast for a week, so the cat and I are hanging out by ourselves. He's already brought me three socks from the hamper, TB's good tie, a ball of yarn that he found somewhere, and has managed to pull the blanket from the couch into the bedroom last night (I woke up to find it beside the bed). I wonder if he does this stuff all the time, and TB usually puts the socks back, or if the cat is acting out because I've obviously hidden his best pal somewhere and am forcing him to deal with me instead.

Pictures! Soon!

Comments on "Technology wins again."

 

post a comment