Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Monday, May 08, 2006

And back again.

The conference was interesting. I don't think I can make any kind of coherent narrative right now, so here is a picture of the things I brought back from K'zoo:



Scholarship and gin. It was a great but exhausting weekend. The word "carnivalesque" was used quite a few times to describe the situation there to partners over the phone.


So busy this week. I turned in my portfolio papers to my committee yesterday, and next Tuesday (2-4 pm) I defend them. It's been an frantic and not very satisfying process of preparing for the defense, and I'm a little angry about the whole thing right now. I won't bore you with it, but the requirements are unclear and my advisor has been incredibly demanding. So much so that I'm beginning to doubt that I'll pass, or at the most will have to pull off a damn fine defense in order to get that diploma.

Anyway, I haven't been knitting much. This is all I've got for you:


I'll probably not be posting again until post-exam. Look for news Tuesday evening!

Comments on "And back again."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 AM) : 

Hang in there sweetheart.

Dad

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (8:28 PM) : 

Will do.

 

post a comment