Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Monday, April 17, 2006

Self portrait Monday

Kitten's Pyjamas posted a link to this ridiculously involved portrait/cartoon maker, so I absolutely had to make one. Meet Specs:



She really does look like me (I think), even the scraggly and unkempt hair is accurate. The clothes, however, are slightly off; I usually don't dress this cute. Some day, when I've made my way in the world, I plan to have an entire closet of nothing but nice (slightly below my knee-length) skirts and shoes. And possibly another closet full of exotic fruits and fine wines.

If you haven't seen this yet, go waste half an hour or so making yourself into a flashy, sparkly doll at elouai.

Today I bought the yarn for my Orangina: Cotton Soft Speciale Baby by Mondial (made in Italy, for extra smugness). It's black -- which is always my default option, but in this case I was forced into it because my LYS only carried this brand of 4-ply cotton, and all other colors were pastels.* Ew. That awful baby powder blue is very high on my list of things I want to eradicate (or see eradicated by someone else) off the face of the planet before I die.

Anyway, I'm thrilled about the black.
Tonight, I test-swatch. Tomorrow, I begin!

*What? Order off the internet? When I want to start NOW? You're talkin' crazy.

ALSO: My father is looking for a pattern (yes, he knits) for a baby's hooded sweater, knit all in one piece, with a zipper in the back of the sweater. Has anyone heard of this? Seen it? Made it? Please ask your knittin' friends and leave a comment here if you can locate this pattern.

Comments on "Self portrait Monday"

 

Blogger Alice said ... (5:33 PM) : 

ooo orangina. I've been thinking of making that for ages. good luck with black yarn (every time I knit with black I say "never again")

kool aid - dunno what i did different, I followed knitty guide I used about three different shades of red

 

post a comment