Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Sunday, April 30, 2006

May Day

Today is Blog Against Disablism Day. Please click around the list of participating blogs; I promise you'll learn something new.

------------------------------------------------------------

I've finally gotten one of my MA papers into a shape that I'm not embarrassed of (that is, not the paper-wadded-up-in-the-trash-can shape), so I have a little -- very little -- free time tonight. Rather than work on my Orangina (which is a whole 3 inches long!), I'm going to start on Rosalind as a surprise present for a friend. I think I'm using stash yarn for this, which makes both me and my yarn closet happy.

If anyone's going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival (and if you aren't, you should be), and especially those of you with kids, please sign up for the weaving workshops with Terry Flynn. Not only is she my aunt (well, ex-aunt, or whatever the term is for the mother of your cousins who is no longer married to your father's brother), she's a fantastic lady. Creative, funny, friendly, and just absolutely charming. I used to spend a week or two every summer visiting my cousins in Baltimore, and I was always amazed and thrilled by the creativity that lurked around their house. Bowls of beads on the sideboard, handmade bowls or cups in the cupboards, handmade tapestries on the walls, and yarn and wool everywhere (in that wonderfully cluttered way that all yarn seems to organize itself).

At any rate, she's a lovely, and the S&W is way more fun than a festival organized around sheep has any right to be. My family and I used to go every year, but stopped when us kids got into high school and had other commitments that first weekend in May. My cousin and I used to wander around the main barn for hours, people watching and smelling soaps and wool. I highly recommend it.

Comments on "May Day"

 

Blogger Alice said ... (3:31 AM) : 

yay for Rosalind!

my mother just sent my cousin called Rosalind an email to let her know a scarf's been named after her. She lives in Canada I haven't seen her for years, think she might be a bit scared :)

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Nonsense -- I'm sure she'll be flattered :) I mean, who wouldn't want a DNA illusion scarf named after them?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:18 PM) : 

That's a fantastic scarf! And I love the name too.

I wonder how persuasible Cromagnon might be to go and look at sheeps.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (5:08 PM) : 

You should go!

There's excellent grilled meats and things, too. Probably some cheeses and beer.

 

post a comment