Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Friday, February 10, 2006

Tale of Two Sleevies

I have finished one of the sleeves for The Boyfriend's sweater. And it is a beautiful thing.

Only one more to go before I can start putting the pieces together! (she said, gritting her teeth and smiling)

And now the big news: I started my own sweater. The color is glorious, the yarn is lovely, and it's knitting up quickly.


This is the first time I've used nice (read: not from Michael's Craft Store) yarn in ages, and it's completely putting me off of the Wool-Ease I'm using for The Boyfriend. From now on, only nice yarn and nice projects, I say. No more quick knit mittens and socks with cheap Red Heart. Ever.

The decisions are going to be announced next week (or so I've been told) for the admissions into the PhD program here. I've consequently been walking around feeling nostalgic about this place, stained ceiling tiles and all, and thinking about how much I'll miss it next year. I'm 95% sure that I'm not getting it, despite how nice the PhD medievalists are being in their reassurances. I wish I could stop thinking about that other 5% though.

Comments on "Tale of Two Sleevies"

 

post a comment