Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Sunday, February 05, 2006

In Soviet Russia hat wears you!

As promised (ok, mentioned earlier) here are pictures of my latest hilariously bad knitting experiment. This is what happens when I decide to estimate and eyeball the hat size as I go:



Point #1: People with long faces do not look good in large round hats.
Point #2: Chunky yarn does not make for a good ribbed and turned up hat band.
Point #3: Sorry for the Yakov Smirnov* reference.



It also makes a very glamorous executioner's mask.


In other blogging news, in the past two days I have made two cookie recipes from Yarnstorm (see the link in the sidebar). Both the Back From School cookies and the Wet Weather cookies are fantastic. I think I've found a new person I want to be [like] when I grow up.





*Yes, I'm horrified that he has a show, too. Although not surprised that it's in Branson.

Comments on "In Soviet Russia hat wears you!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Ha! Bagsy I get to be Jane first, though. :D

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (7:03 PM) : 

Bah! You win this time, kitty!
*shakes fist*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 AM) : 

So pleased you like & use the recipes. Thanks for the mention & links.

I'm very flattered by your ambition, but I haven't yet quite finished growing up myself so you'll have to wait a while longer!

 

post a comment