Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

*jumps off bridge*

Because my sister did it and I have an interesting book beside me at the moment:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

"Regardless of who goes beating about his bushes, the bird remains the property of the husband."

John Gower's Mirour de L'omme (Wilson trans.)

This book is for a Medieval lit seminar about which I found myself saying to a (now) classmate: "Oh, that does sound like it would be a fun class to audit! My superhero alter-ego, Please Everyone Girl, strikes again.

I have had a Bad Day and am feeling stompy, smashy, and weepy all in one big ball of frustration. I think I might go stomp on my personal statement, smash it, and then cry at it. In that order.

Comments on "*jumps off bridge*"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:56 PM) : 

"The new locomotives, of the 4-4-0 tank type, solved the Metropolitan's traction problem for a generation and more; they were in fact so successful that Beyer, Peacock, as well as supplying 66 to the Metropolitan, sold nearly 90 more of the same type, with only small modifications, to other railways for similar work; some were even bought by the L. & N.W.R and the Midland, proud companies which few people thought would ever accept an 'outside' product."

From 'A History of London Transport' vol. 1, by T. C. Barker and Michael Robbins, which was on Cromagnon's bedside table.

I'm dumbfounded. I mean, I knew he was geeky, but this takes the cake, biscuit, scone, crumpet and macaroon.

Hope the shouty weepy thing eases off soon...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

"Or, in some areas, the vampire rings the death-knell and all who hear it die on the spot."

From "In Search of Dracula: The History of Dracula and Vampires
Completely Revised"

It really was the book at my reading chair.

Dad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

Gah! Page 123 is a picture!

...well, the 5th setion of the caption says "(center, see page 45)".

HOW THRILLING.

(From Stitch 'n' Bitch, book 1)

 

post a comment