Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Sunday, January 08, 2006

New toy!

For my birthday, The Boyfriend bought me this set of Denise circulars. I am loving the way they fit together, and I can't wait to make something tubular. Fortunately, I think his sweater calls for some 12"s for the sleeves, so I should be able to break them out once I've finished the front and back armhole shaping.

I mentioned that I used EZ's sweater method to make my first (and last) sweater, so this business of armhole shaping on two flat pieces of fabric seems very tedious. I can't stop thinking that even after I'm done decreasing, turning, knitting a row, turning, decreasing, etc, I'm still going to need to sew everything together (and correctly -- which is going to be the hard part).

In other news, tonight Peelander-Z is playing in Columbus and I'm trying to talk myself into going. In my enthusiasm for Japanese men in plastic wigs, I already told a friend I'd be there, but I'm now rethinking it. I've got to teach tomorrow morning, which means getting up at 6, so going to bed at 1 or 2 is not an option. It looks like I'm going to wuss out. Being an adult is so lame.

Comments on "New toy!"

 

post a comment