Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Friday, January 13, 2006

...

I am having a Bad Day. Actually, I've been having Bad Days for the past few days now, which makes me think that this is something hormonal or chemical. Either way, I've treated the Bad Days with chocolate, wine, rock 'n roll, and books, but they're still here. The Boyfriend and I are going to Citizens for Humane Action tonight to look at homeless cats, so I'm hoping this will cheer me up a bit.

Let me clarify that. We're not just going to look at cats, but to find one that agrees with us and then take him/her home with much fanfare and kitty toy buying.

I think the stress is getting to me. I can imagine my doctor saying this, but I never feel stressed when I actually am. Only the physical symptoms clue me into my level of aggravation; my mental state usually seems clear and fine (although sometimes moody, as you can see). This time the physical symptoms include: tiredness, no appetite, and tightness in my chest (I hesitate to call it pain, as that sounds much scarier).

I can't wait until I know what I'm doing next year. It's the not knowing that's wearing me down. Not knowing if I'll be able to do a PhD anywhere, or where it will be if I get lucky. Not knowing if The Boyfriend will stick around if I stay where I am, move with me, or decide to move back in with his parents.

It's exactly in times like this that I need a cat.

Comments on "..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 AM) : 

**BIG mommy-hug**
And go ahead and break something (inexpensive). Or take a cheap magazine and rip it to shreds.

Hope you found a kitty - the perfect stress relief (just don't break or rip it)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Urk, I know that 'walking the plank' feeling only too well. Lots of sympathy and best wishes.

And we want phtotos of the cat, pronto.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Cat update post coming soon :)

And I'm feeling better today -- I think I just needed to get away from all of my cow-orkers talking about applications and stress. They're fantastic people, but they don't know when to stop vocalizing their stress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:17 PM) : 

Stress breeds stress - it's contagious. Getting out of the application-angst circle is a good idea, because just continually talking about it doesn't change the eventual outcome.

Looking forward to seeing the grandcat! :)

-Mum

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (9:28 AM) : 

God, mum, don't ever call it that again. Ever.

Gave me the shivers.

 

post a comment