In which the reader is short-changed.
| Is that hyphenated? There are some posts in which I make an effort to be witty, amusing, and entertaining. The last post was one of these. And thanks, everyone, for your support of the phrase "sweet sassy molassy." Spread the word! There are other posts in which I just want to throw some pictures at you and run away to hide under some papers until the week is over. This is one of the latter. Look! A neckline! ![]() Isn't it lovely and necky? It's a hole that's actually supposed to be in the sweater. (I'm saving up for an entry about how inadequate my YOs and picking up stitches skills are.) I've also started a sleeve, but it's nothing to write home about or even take a photo of. In other news around here, I got a haircut. This is only news because I hate getting my hair cut so very much and will put it off until I look like a David Crosby groupie. I now look like this and with my hat on, a little like this. Only a little. I've not completely lost my grip on reality. (But I do like daydreaming about tossing all this research and knocking over a few banks with my handsome lover.) I've got a million things to do in the next week, so I have no idea how much knitting I'll get done. Maybe a sleeve will be finished, but I make no promises. I'll be here if anyone needs me: ![]() |













Comments on "In which the reader is short-changed."
-
Kate A. said ... (7:17 PM) :
-
Ashley said ... (8:26 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (9:10 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (10:48 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (6:18 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (10:01 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (9:49 PM) :
post a commentI hate to say it, Specs, but you're witty, amusing, and entertaining even when you don't mean to be.
And your hair is totally rockin'.
I'll repeat the mantra you taught me, which cannot be repeated often enough right now: "We'll all get through this and come out on the other side, relieved, exhausted, and proud."
CUTE hair. I want cute hair. I also want (and I sense that we share this desire) to be through finals week and into vacation. Power through; we can do it.
(And I agree with Kate A.: I don't feel shortchanged at all reading this post!)
Cheers, Kate A. :)
I'm going to write that on a post-it and stick it over my desk. I need to be reminded daily.
You really have beautiful hair; it looks soft and pretty! I got a haircut last week, a post-breakup therapeutic cut, and it was made only better when, at the end, the woman who cut it (my first time there), declared "I LOVE your hair." Sometimes that's all it takes to make one's day!
Oddly enough, Minty, I'm so anxious at hair appointments that no compliment from a hairdresser can cheer me up (and I've heard "so many girls would kill for your haircolor" that I'm immune to it). It's like getting teeth pulled for me. Only without the physical pain. And I don't have to talk to the dentist.
Wait. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd rather have teeth pulled than get my hair cut.
You look great!
Thanks!
The trauma of going to a hair salon was worth it, I think.
Sophisticated, elegant, chic. I wish my hair would do that. You look great!
--Mum
I AM DYING FROM THE CUTENESS OF YOUR LITTLE BUG HATS!!! Dying! Totally! On the floor, with little X's over my eyes!
And thanks muchly for the comment. Polka dot appreciation is always.. uh... appreciated. :D