Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Showing off.

Again, I've run off for a vacation without bringing any knitting or blogging about it before hand. BUT I do have something for show and tell.



Isn't this beautiful? (The answer is yes.) My mom started this sweater for me years ago, but in the meantime has lost the magazine the pattern was in and developed some arthritis in her fingers. Needless to say, it's a bit hard to finish without the pattern and while in pain.

But! My friends! You can help with one of these things. The pattern is from Knitters Magazine, the very first issue. Does anyone have this hanging around and could scan a copy of the pattern? If I find a copy anywhere I'm totally finishing this puppy.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving. May all of your meals be twice your weight in food and your family free from drama.

Comments on "Showing off."

 

Blogger Alice said ... (2:10 PM) : 

oh my god, yes that is beautiful.

could you get a copy of the magazine through your university library? I know copies of all UK publications are kept in special libraries in Edinburgh, London and Cardiff.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

I love the idea of you taking this sweater on for your mom. Sorry I don't know how you'd track down the magazine--I hope you manage it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

Wowowowow... looks complicated though!

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (10:30 AM) : 

That is beautiful. Maybe the publishers sell back issues, like Interweave does?

If worse comes to worst, maybe you could make it into a gorgeous pillow...

 

Blogger Lone Knitter said ... (9:22 AM) : 

The pattern must exist somewhere! Have you posted about it on Knitty.com or Knitter's Review? Sometimes the knitters there have just what you're looking for...

 

post a comment