Mystery Sweater
Pomatomus socks (on hold)
Clapotis
Hourglass sweater
William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury
Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales
The Fall, a compliation TB made for me
The Replacements, All Shook Down
Previous Posts
- Because I'm out of content
- 6 good and 1 bad
- Best laid plans
- No news is good news.
- As a doornail.
- Brown leafed vertigo
- Whoooaaa-ooh we're halfway there!
- The History of a Young Sock
- Socks and a History Fun Fact!
- Two posts in two days.
Friends' Blogs
Knitty Crafty Blogs
- Å Strikke
- autumnsweater
- The Blue Blog
- The Bookish Girl
- Brooklyntweed
- Cinemaknits
- Curious Bird
- Dogged Knits
- Domesticat
- Elliphantom Knits
- Enchanting Juno
- Glampyre
- January One
- Knitters Anonymous
- The Knitting Philistine
- Knit and Tonic
- Lolly Knitting Around
- The Lone Knitter
- Mason-Dixon Knitting
- My Fashionable Life
- Pepperknit
- Polka Dot Mittens
- The Purloined Letter
- See Eunny Knit!
- Slipped Stitch
- So Much Yarn, So Little Time
- Super Eggplant
-
- Whip-up
- Yarn Monkey
- Yarnstorm










Comments on "Look, a big distracting thing!"
-
Kitty Jimjams said ... (2:09 PM) :
-
Kate A. said ... (4:24 PM) :
-
Hannah said ... (5:09 PM) :
-
Liz K. said ... (5:19 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (1:27 AM) :
-
Kate said ... (10:47 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (8:01 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) :
post a commentI do like the grey, but I think it could look even better with a little more white - a white central column seems a fine idea.
But then I am reading this in England, where looking out of the window and finding everything grey is rather less unusual.
I also vote for the white central column. And I'm totally with you on the apathy, impatience, etc. As for decreases...does it really matter? I would divide the stitches evenly by 6 or 8 and then keep decreasing before (or after) each marker, which if memory serves makes it spiral. Or maybe not. But it will definitely make the stitches disappear eventually and that's all you need, right? I'm in a very laissez-faire mood lately. :-)
I love the gray--but I'll keep reading with a white column. :)
The hat is cute! I think Kate is right about the decreases.
I'm starting to feel pretty dissatisfied with Blogger myself, but too apathetic to do anything about it.
2 votes for white, 1 for gray. I'll keep thinking about it :)
Kate, I took your advice on the decreases. We'll see how it goes.
How about making a square top hat instead of a round top one. I made one for my daughter recently and it's cuuuuuute. I might have to make another.
Kate, really? I hope you post pictures soon, I'd love to see how one constructs a square-topped hat.
All grey is good, it doesn't swamp the photos. Love the hat.