Whoooaaa-ooh we're halfway there!
Sock sock sock sock sock sock sock!![]() Finished sock 1 of 2 pomatomi. As you can see, I'm making them a little shorter than they should be (2 repeats on the cuff instead of 3) because I'm a little short on yarn. Each skein of Claudia has 175 yards and the yarn Cookie used has 194 m per skein. I don't mind that they're shorter than others, but seeing the gorgeous longer pairs like the Knitting Philistine's makes me think there's another pair of longer Pomatomi in my future. Or possibly in someone's Christmas present. You know, because I don't have enough to do between now and Christmas without adding another project. I had a nasty sinus headache today, and as a result will be up until the wee hours of the morning reading students' papers. It's going to be a long, long night and I'm considering wearing the sock to give me strength in face of horrible spelling and improper verb-noun agreement. Because it is a mighty sock. [Imagine there's another sock photo here. For the first time I'm having blogger photo issues.] |












Comments on "Whoooaaa-ooh we're halfway there!"
-
knittingphilistine said ... (11:08 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (12:53 AM) :
-
Jenna said ... (7:43 AM) :
-
Ashley said ... (9:41 AM) :
-
Kate A. said ... (10:35 AM) :
-
Lone Knitter said ... (3:43 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (9:17 PM) :
post a commentI think they're lovely... and probably far less of a headache than mine! Love the inky color, too.
No less of a headache. I'm horrible with charts and had to write out both of these. That took a while, let me tell you.
Also: they're berry-colored rather than inky. There are some gorgeous rapsberry and plum colors in with the black and deep purple.
Cute! Now cast on for #2. (ps that is basically the only bon jovi song I will ever love, we used to play it all the time if we were half-way done with homework, half-way done driving somewhere....)
Don't think I didn't just turn to Bailey and yell "whoooooooooo-oh, livin' on a prayer!" Because I did.
We should trade bad paper stories sometime. I jut found some pretty spectacular noun-verb disagreement (so bad it propelled me to go read blogs instead of grade): "The patriarchy that society has formed for men and women are those that in Pride and Prejudice are very apparent."
Mighty Sock to the RESCUUUUUEEE!!
I sure hope it helps - I know exactly what kind of hell you're facing. Much as I love teaching, and even love reading good, thoughtful papers that students have worked hard on, the usual way most students write papers means that I'd rather pull my own teeth than grade them.
I'm convinced I spend more time sorting out what they're trying to say than they do, and probably more time in general in reading and grading the paper than they spend writing it. Usually.
That said, there are the occasional really unintentionally entertaining bits, like the quote Ashley just gave us. I once saw a paper where the writer was working SO hard to plagiarize without getting caught that the result was a completely random pile of words in no particular order...in different fonts, with irrelevant footnotes numbered out of order (no doubt because they were pasted off the web - it was something like 74, 103, 4, 54...)! Unbelievable. How is it that these people are all convinced (at my Ivy anyway), that they just have to get *through* college and will earn Big Money with the name on their diploma. It's true it will probably get them hired (sadly), but in any field one does tend to get fired pretty quickly if one is literally unable to formulate a sentence in recognizable English....
I was having Blogger photo upload problems this weekend too. I think it's fixed now. *Crosses fingers*. Congrats on the sock. I love finishing a sock.
I think the problem is that (let me steady my soapbox here...) students no longer think that their money gives them the chance to earn a degree. The money simply gives them the degree. They (or their parents) pay good money for this education! Heaven forbid they should have to learn something.