Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Thursday, November 02, 2006

As a doornail.

I'm dead! Oranged to death! The socks coordinate nicely with the gorgeous trees around town.



Although there is a slight problem with the socks (one which my assassin knows about and is being remedied, don't worry). Can you tell what it is?

How about now?


Yes, one of these is comically huge and I love it. I love that I was someone's first sock recipient and I love that this knitter was brave enough to send on their efforts! (My first socks are long since hidden away in under a rock, in a swamp, at an undisclosed location patrolled by cranky black bears.) The socks are great, guys! Thank you to my assassins!

I'm going to be so productive now that I'm dead. I can rush through that second Pomatomus, get back to the Jamesey, and get started on other Christmas presents. Oh, and do the loads of work that stand between me and Christmas vacation. But the knitting, really, that's the important thing.

Comments on "As a doornail."

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (7:18 PM) : 

OK--hee! That is so my first pair of socks! It is a great color though.

 

Blogger knittingphilistine said ... (9:55 PM) : 

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That is *awesome!* That picture of the two socks together will keep me in smiles for days to come... and that is *quite* an accomplishment (since I'm usually all business and scowling). You have the best knitter-assassin ever!

 

Blogger Brena said ... (9:27 PM) : 

The first pair of socks is so special! You did get the best knitter-assassin ever!

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (8:56 AM) : 

What a way to go, I must say. These socks will certainly remind you of all the fun you've had!

 

Blogger Lone Knitter said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Oh. How cute! A little baby and momma sock!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 PM) : 

It is I, the assassin! The mate to the sock I knit is on its way as of Sat. I didn't realize that the socks were so autumnal until I saw your pictures on the last post. One of the few things I miss about New England.

 

Blogger Oxford Voter said ... (2:27 AM) : 

I must confess that I'm the knitter of the outsize sock and that I also started the second sock before I was tragically removed from the game. The difference in size is remarkable - I think it must be something to do with aircraft hold pressure crossing the Atlantic that loosened the gauge...

Enjoy the autumn. Enjoy the socks!

 

post a comment