Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Saturday, July 29, 2006

ABT: All But Toe*

There is a problem with my jaywalkers:



See that sad little tail of yarn there? That's all that I have left; the rest is in storage in Tennessee. I have no idea what I was thinking (I probably wasn't thinking -- I did all of my storage packing in rush the morning we were supposed to leave), and because of my negligence I have only one project to hold me over until my stash and I are reunited.

Jamesey, it's just you and me, baby.



I have quite a few new projects planned, and most of them would require new yarn. So when thinking about (or actually doing) all of that ribbing starts to eat away at my soul, I'm comforting myself with plans for new yarn and a potential yarn store trip. I've started to worry, however, that I may be overbooking my knitting time. Let me ask you, oh internets, if you think I could finish these things before Christmas without losing my sanity, ability to move my fingers, boyfriend, and/or funding. Keep in mind that I have a shameful history of biting off more than I can chew (and never admitting it), so even if you all tell me not to, there's a damn good chance I'll try to do this anyway.

1. Jamesey
2. Something gorgeous for my grandmother
3. Hat (I'm thinking crazy fair isle)
4. Branching Out (Note: the friend I'm making this for is so much more stylish than I am. Branching Out is the only thing I can think to knit that won't horrify her, but I'm open to other suggestions. What would you knit for your Burberry wearing, Louis Vuitton carrying friend?)
5. Clapotis, probably not full size
6. 2 basic hats for 2 nice guys

#3-6 would need to be finished before Christmas so I could mail them, and #1 and 2 would need to be washed and blocked before I flew home (so no frantic knitting on the plane).

What do you think? Do you normally knit this many items for the winter holidays, or am I just completely out of my gourd?

* Title for this entry taken from The Lone Knitter. If only we got diplomas for finishing socks, eh?

Comments on "ABT: All But Toe*"

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (2:39 AM) : 

I think you can certainly finish all those things before Christmas, especially since you've got so much done on Jamesey already. You are thinking ahead--I haven't even started my Christmas list yet!

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (11:11 AM) : 

I'm addicted to planning ahead! And yes, I'm thinking this list sounds very possible.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:18 PM) : 

The Branching Out looks gorgeous! I'm so impressed that you're thinking of Christmas already.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Well, let me say now that just because I'm planning these things doesn't mean they'll get done. I'm very good at making spectacular plans and then getting sidetracked.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Better to have too much available to do (though not *required* to do), than to have nothing to do. It's horrible to have a bit of free time and no project on hand.

The projects are all lovely. And I *don't* think the socks are too green. They're lively. Just the thing for a dreary winter day. Enjoy.

- Yo Mama

 

Blogger Lone Knitter said ... (4:59 PM) : 

Well, I think we need to have an intervention! A girl simply cannot be without the yarn that she needs to complete a toe!!! When will you be reunited with your yarn???? (I have that same colorway myself and could lend you mine if you need it. I'm so worried!) Your Jaywalkers look great, btw.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (6:55 PM) : 

My stash and I will be reunited next week, so I think I'll survive :) But thanks for the offer!

Having only the one project to work on actually prompted me to get started planning my next projects, which can only be a good thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:15 PM) : 

Best regards from NY!
» » »

 

post a comment