Orange you glad I finished something?
| Daaaaaaaah. DAAAAAAAAAH. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ![]() (bum-bum bum-bum bum-bum bum-bum) I started these hats back in July at the request of a really nice guy I know via a message board (that is in no way as creepy as it sounds). He's got two little boys and they loved the hat that I made for a mutual friend of ours. So he politely requested two hats for the kids and then waited FIVE MONTHS while I knit and stopped, knit and stopped, ran out of yarn, couldn't find more yarn, moved, knit some more, etc. But now they're finished and cute as orange buttons. ![]() These hats are actually the reason I started this blog back in September of 2005 (sweet sassy molassy, has it really been a year?).* The pattern linked there is not well written, the yarn is Red Heart, and after nosing around the knitting blogosphere for a year now I'm a little embarrassed of it. But hey, the hats make people happy and that's what matters, right? ![]() They're supposed to look like Spacehoppers, a toy that doesn't exist in the US but is apparently iconic for Brits who grew up in the 70s and 80s. Looks like fun, eh? So now I can actually take something off my list of WIPs to the left there. It's been a while. Next up: Jamesey. Really. I'm going to finish this thing before I head home on the 19th. *(I know it has. I just wanted to use the phrase "sweet sassy molassy.") Labels: FO, hats, spacehopper |




Comments on "Orange you glad I finished something?"
-
Ashley said ... (5:25 PM) :
-
Ashley said ... (5:26 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (11:59 PM) :
-
LisaBe said ... (8:15 AM) :
-
knittingphilistine said ... (9:35 AM) :
-
knittingphilistine said ... (10:07 AM) :
-
Sarah said ... (11:14 AM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (5:57 PM) :
-
Alice said ... (5:15 AM) :
-
Sarah said ... (9:42 AM) :
-
Kate A. said ... (2:34 PM) :
-
Lone Knitter said ... (3:41 PM) :
-
Sarah said ... (5:46 PM) :
post a commentNow that the phrase "sweet sassy molassy" is in my vocabulary, I will be looking for any possibel excuse to use it, so: "Sweet sassy molassy, those hats are super cute!"
Possibel? Sweet sassy molassy, have my proofreading skills gone in the toilet.
very cute!
the hats are fab, and i can't wait to use sweet sassy molassy myself!
If anything is sassy, it's those hats!
PS: My nephews would HEART those hats!!
Glad you like them! Hopefully this means the boys will like them, too.
I'm sure it's an indication of my total lack of redemption, but that first photo is uncannily phallic, like something out of a very bad scifi porn film.
... sorry ... just pretend I didn't say anything...
-yer mum
Oh, mo-ther.
What kind of weird 1950s sci-fi movies has dad been buying?
space hopper hats!!!!!
Ahem. Yes, they were big in the 80s in the UK... a bit before my time really, the sort of thing the cool "big kids" had when I was 4.
Yay! I was hoping you'd recognize them :)
I totally need to make some of those. Maybe *because* they're vaguely phallic - fun for all ages, you know? :-)
In college my friend and I had a list taped to the wall of words and phrases that should be used more often. I'm adding "sweet sassy molassy" to the imaginary list that still exists in my head...
Girl, don't you ever ever ever be embarrassed of your Red Heart. We all need some low-priced knitting lovin sometime.
Cute hats!
I love your mother's comment!
You guys made my week. Thanks :)