Photos ahoy!
| I found the camera cable! It was in New Jersey. First matter of importance: I finished those Jaywalkers. Here they are relaxing on my feet while I relax on my back deck at dusk. ![]() Yarn: Knit Pick's Parade in a discontinued color Needles: 1 dpns Fun pattern. Fun socks. Not very fun yarn, but whaddya expect for $2.50 a ball? I'm really just happy that I have a finished object, because all projects completed during times of transition mean something. These are my first finished objects in Tennessee, first FOs of my PhD, and first FOs completed in this apartment. They therefore carry special importance despite the fact that they're scratchy, too tight, and too bright for me to wear often or outside of the apartment. They helped keep me calm on the first night in the new place, and they get to be loved for no other reason than this. Second matter of importance: the yarn that I bought for my grandmother's shawl. Here is it. I still don't know what to do with it, but I'm leaning toward the Sea and Shell Stole, which has everything I love about Print 'O the Wave (the main panel) but nothing I don't (the pointy border). Third matter of importance: fun things I've seen around town. There's the velvet Jesus that scared the crap out of me in a thrift store (I can't imagine why no one's bought it yet). And then there's the Cutting Crew Hair Salon. You guys remember them, right? That effeminate band from the 80s (ok, I realize that doesn't narrow it down much). They did that song that you'll recognize when you hear it, "I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight". Anyway, this is a chain of hair salons, and every time I drive past one I convince myself that they must have this song on continuous loop in there. Or, at the very least, a clever ad campaign featuring a freshly coifed woman singing "I just dyed in your arms tonight." I'm going to be very, very disappointed if I discover that neither of these things are true. |


Comments on "Photos ahoy!"
-
Lone Knitter said ... (11:49 AM) :
-
Alice said ... (8:28 AM) :
-
Sarah said ... (5:13 PM) :
post a commentThat freaken velvet Jesus IS freaken scary. I do love rummaging through thrift shops. Too bad all the ones in NYC are overpriced. Your Jaywalkers look great. I agree with you about the fit of the Jaywalkers--not as comfy as other socks, I guess b/c of the tight zig-zag pattern.
that's a great choice of pattern!
Thanks, both of you!
Lone Knitter, if you're ever in Knoxville I can show you some fantastic thrift stores. Slightly scary in a Southern way, but cheap and full of great finds.