Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday



Ok, so I missed last week. But I was on vacation, which is a damn good excuse for not doing just about anything. This month's SPT theme is "April Fool." You get me in part of my Halloween costume. I was a glam-rock panda, for which I make no apologies.

I just realized how messy our bedroom is after taking the picture, but I'm too lazy/busy to get another. And that's The Boyfriend's mess, not mine. Most of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I have been knitting, but I'm stuck in the knitting nightmare in which I keep knitting, purling, yo-ing, ssk-ing, and dropping stitches, but getting nowhere. I tried to find a short, easy pattern to cast on last night -- just to quiet the impatient girl in my head who demands that something be finished rightthisinstant! -- and couldn't find a damn thing that I had the needles for. As proof of my claim that I'm actually making stuff, I offer these photos:

The sock:

I didn't do the number of reps the pattern calls for, I just stopped and started the heel. I'm a sock rebel, baby.

The 'Tis:

Yep. It's a'comin'.

The excitement around here is palpable, I tell you.

Comments on "Self Portrait Tuesday"

 

Blogger Alice said ... (8:50 AM) : 

very amused by the idea of a glam panda :)

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (1:39 PM) : 

I was, too :) But it wore off quickly as my panda face paint got sticky and hot.

 

post a comment