Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Bring on the scarves!

Well, the temperature took a 20 degree dive on Thursday night, the end result of which was my digging out my bag 'o scarves that's been hiding in our closet. I blame the yarn shops for my scarf, hat, and mitten collection, really. I keep buying just one or two balls of tempting yarn thinking "oh, I'll do something with them," and that something is always winter accessories.

And now I'm adding to the hoard with a hat for The Boyfriend in a very soft Wool-Ease grey.



cfb




I know this yarn isn't a favorite with "purists," but I love the fact that it feels nice AND I can just chuck it in the wash.

In addition to blaming yarn shops, I also blame the weather for my reading lots of knitting blogs lately. Most notably: Yarnstorm, Knitty Blog, and Two Pointy Sticks which has expensive but gorgeous hand-painted yarn.

Things like this make me want to spend the day knitting rather than reading Byron or working on my writing sample. PhD application time approaches quickly!


cfb

Comments on "Bring on the scarves!"

 

post a comment