Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Friday, September 09, 2005

what a wonderful and awful night

Yesterday was The Boyfriend's and my 3 year anniversary, so we went out to a swanky vegan restaurant, Dragonfly, to celebrate.



The food was amazing -- I can't even remember all the names or contents of the things we had, but trust me on this. . The menu is set up for ordering a full three course meal, so we did. The appetizer was both of our favorites, but all I remember about it is that it was made with "roasted sea beans." I'm not sure what we had for the middle course, but for the main course I ate lobster mushrooms, which apparently are only available for a few months of the year (and actually had a seafoody taste). Ryan had some kind of tofu dish with a curry flavor and a very nice, firm texture. We also had pricey drinks (mine was made from a lavender infusion, distilled from plants grown in their own garden) and generally enjoyed the classy atmosphere.

If you want an idea of what their food looks like, go to the link above, ignore the music for a few minutes, and click on "catering." Mmmmm, arty.

Then we walked to our favorite bar (Betty's), had some drinks and nachos (completely ruining the Classy Food Only theme of the evening) and slouched back home.

Here's where things get ironic. After this great evening out, I return to find a very apologetic email from my mother, which tells me that she and my dad had to put my cat down. She was old (I've had her since I was seven years old), senile, and had completely forgotten how to use the litterbox -- but I still wish she could have had a better end than that. Preferably one that didn't involve kidney failure, losing her sweet little feline mind, and which included my being there to say goodbye. I'll miss the grouchy old gal.

I'll be pouring a 40 oz on the ground for her tonight.

Comments on "what a wonderful and awful night"

 

post a comment