Update of mild interest
| It's been a rather productive past few days. I finally tackled the mildew in the shower with a bleach pen, which was only slightly effective. I think we've got a strain of mould that's been living here since the 1940s and isn't about to give up without a fight. Unfortunately, I'm too damn lazy to have another go at it for a while. I think we can co-exist peacefully. The school year is approaching quickly, and despite my need to get into a decent PhD program I've done little work on my two portfolio papers. I'll be defending them in the spring, so I'll do a lot of work on them between now and March; but I was hoping to have massively improved drafts to show my advisor when the Fall quarter starts. I'll probably spend a day or two right before classes begin frantically typing gathering any relevant research that falls in my path. OLD ENGLISH TORNADO. I've also got to put together a syllabus for my English 110 course. I really should teach a nature/environment themed class, but I keep daydreaming about how great a science fiction theme would be. We could watch movies, talk about robots and aliens, and discuss why it is that these things are so appealing. But I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what I teach, 75% of the class is going to a) resent it; b) not care; or c) prtend to love it so they'll get an A. Whatever I teach, it will be more fun (for me) than the "analyzing consumer culture" course I taught last year. If I never have to try and get a room of 18 year olds interested in gender and homosexuality in advertising again, I'll be a happy girl. We made chocolate chip cookies today though. It's damn hard to be worried when the smell of baking cookies is everywhere. |











Comments on "Update of mild interest"
post a comment