 It's hat time! This is one of "Kim's hats" from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and eventually it will have ear flaps, i-chord ties, and tassels. The colors are kind of bland, but that's ok because 1) I'm using up stash yarn I've had for years, and 2) I like bland.
I'm actually making the new hat as a replacement for this old one, which has seen better days.

My mom made this for me years ago (5? 6?), and I was so eager to wear it that I stole it before she'd sewn the ends in. I've never gotten around to it myself, so the ends are still unwoven.

And now it's starting to come apart. There are holes in it that I think are beyond my skill to fix, although I've had it in my WIP bin for a while hoping that someday I'll feel inspired to tackle the grafting.

Or maybe not.
*************************************
A few days ago I saw an offer of yarn on my local Freecycle group. The post only said: offering 5 skeins of yarn, its the yarn used to made the popular scarfs in the stores. I'm guessing Fun Fur. Anyone else? |
Comments on "Bartholomew Cubbins was an amateur."
-
Ashley said ... (10:03 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (12:49 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (5:29 PM) :
post a commentOh, fun fur, definitely. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
And the hat--yeah, I think it's time for it to go. But maybe you could felt it and make it into a little zippered pouch or something?
"...the yarn used to make the popular scarfs in the stores..." I would definitely be ruminating over that one for a long, long time. It's almost like a mantra of sorts, a great zen question. Good lord. What yarn is it?!?
I just declared this weekend that I must knit myself a hat with ear flaps. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.
Hoog yurrg I bet it's entirely made of static and fuschia pink.
Agin: nice hat. And to think I thought it was from S'n'B. *shame*