Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Conclusion: inconclusive

I handed out some mid-quarter surveys to my English class last week. I like to do this just to see how the course is going, make sure the students don't hate it, and defend anything they do hate. Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the better responses here.

The question (one of them) was: What do you think (so far) of the Nature theme?

And the answers:

"I'm not a huge fan of the nature theme but it could definitely be worse."

"I <3 nature."

"I hate Nature. Its too abstract."

"I enjoy the Nature theme. I am a Liberal Environmentalist."

And my favorite, the kid who read my mind:

"Nature is what all the cool kids are doing, so I'm cool, and it's what I do. We could spice it up a bit by ... well... come to think of it, nature is kind of a bland subject... let's talk about space!"

Comments on "Conclusion: inconclusive"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

Hey, I didn't realize that so many Delmar graduates went to OSU...

But then, they're all so cool.

 

post a comment