Variations on a theme
| Things that are blue and gray. My notebooks from last semester. ![]() Philadelphia at certain times of day. ![]() A bunch of my books. ![]() Otto. ![]() The Dirty Sailor Sweater. ![]() It is just flying along (well, it is for me -- considering it took me months to finish the last sweater I made). Although that may have something to do with my working on it constantly. The plain knitting allows me to knit while I'm reading -- provided I have a printed document or a book that stays open of its own accord -- so anytime I'm doing reading that doesn't also involve note-taking, the sweater's in my hands. It'll definitely be done by the end of the month, which will hopefully give me time to wear it a few times before spring comes to Tennessee. At the moment, I'm not too sure about this folded-under hem (the purl row acts as a seam). It looks like it's going to be bulky, but I'm trusting the pattern, going with the flow, etc, and looking at pictures of other finished Hourglasses and reassuring myself that this one is going to look just as good. (Or better because I have stripes, and who doesn't love stripes? Crazy people, that's who.) Oh, and guys? There are over 50 readers out there? What? Whatever it is your mind does when it boggles, mine is doing that right now. (Don't check the map now, it resets every day, but I swear there were 50 locations logged on Tuesday.) |






Comments on "Variations on a theme"
-
Mintyfresh said ... (3:33 PM) :
-
Liz K. said ... (5:42 PM) :
-
Lolly said ... (11:15 AM) :
-
Ashley said ... (1:23 PM) :
-
knittingphilistine said ... (4:37 PM) :
-
Hannah said ... (2:16 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) :
-
Lone Knitter said ... (2:10 PM) :
-
Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) :
post a commentKeep posting your shots of Philly! They make my heart ache, but in a good way :)
The turned under hem will be awesome once it's done; they aren't really all that bulky and the look is so clean and neat you'll be happy to not have ribbing or a battle with curl.
I obsessively check my stats, and my favorite is the map of where people stumble across my blog.
I generally lurk here, but had to shout-out for the pic of Philly, my hometown! Great photo.
Great post about the colors around you - also I love school supplies, so I love that notebook pic! (and your kitty is too cute!)
Look at you, speed racer! I am coveting your sweater already.
Great spectrum of blue, your sweater is looking amazing! Love it, curly hem-and-all (though I think the hem will turn out, or in, just right once you've finished).
And thaaat's what City Hall looks like without all that scaffolding on the front. I swear, the front has been scaffolded over since I moved here. 3 years ago.
Great photos!
Philadelphia is such a beautiful city. Both David and I lived there for several years and loved it. We'll be there in a couple of weeks! You're not there now, are you?
No! It wasn't dorky AT ALL! I am totally into the House-and-Cuddy thing. Not like, they should totally hook them up and live happily ever after (with an extra bedroom for Wilson), but more like they have a great dynamic and they're so much more interesting to watch. Like Moonlighting, back when it was good.
Cameron is dull as dishwater, tho. I think she and Chase make a good pair. He's kinda pretty and boring, too. Definitely second string characters.
I didn't know you lived in Philadelphia! That's where I'm from.
Great pics. I love Nabokov. I always wondered how the folded-under hem works. The sweater that I'm soon-to-be-starting has a hem like that. I wasn't sure if it was for real or what. Now that I know it's not unusual, I think I'll be casting on soon. Very exciting: it will be my first sweater.
I love the color combination for the Dirty Sailor sweater. It'll be great when it's finished!