Mystery Sweater

Pomatomus socks (on hold)

Clapotis

Hourglass sweater

William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury

Geoffrey Chaucer, Canterbury Tales

The Fall, a compliation TB made for me

The Replacements, All Shook Down

Fiber Arts Blogger
Previous | Next

Monday, February 05, 2007

Gray days

It actually wasn't gray in Tennessee today. It was sparkling and sunny and cuttingly cold, and I finally felt like winter had arrived.

My new yarn, however, is beautiful and gray. Well, half of it is.



Cascade 220 for my Dirty Sailor Sweater (the Hourglass sweater from LMKG) in Navy and Silver Gray Heather. I've been planning this sweater for at least a year (I can sometimes take ages to make decisions, which explains why I'm always at least a year behind on clothing, television, and music trends) and I'm thrilled that I've finally gotten it started.

The only problem is that I want it done NOW.



And that just isn't happening.

Oh, and Blogger? I really hate the new version. Where I used to get the email addresses of maybe 3 out of 6 commenters, now I get none. There is a change to my own hosting coming as soon as I have time to sort it out.

P.S. I'm putting this here just to see if it works.

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Gray days"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

Not a clue. But I love you anyway, just cause you mentioned Cookie Monster.

My husband wrote a letter to Cookie Monster when he was a kid. Well, to the puppeteer who operated Cookie Monster. He wanted to know whether there was a hole in the back of the puppet's mouth where the cookies went, or whether he just crushed them up when he "ate" them and the crumbs went flying all over.

He got a letter back that said that Cookie Monster ate cookies the same way HE did, by swallowing them, and he was really mad about that.

Actually, he's still really mad about that. The man can hold a grudge.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Wordpress is good.

And your sweater is so perfect for Project Spectrum! I can't wait to see more.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Wordpress is good for me too. So is your sweater! The stockinette will fly, don't worry.

 

Blogger knittingphilistine said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Yes, yes, YES! Blogger is worth ditching. Because I have absolutely NO time right now to transfer my blog to a new host, I am thinking about trying HaloScan for my comments. Apparently, it is blogger compatible, so maybe that might be at least a temporary fix.

As for the Dirty Sailor business, I am just as excited as you are! I heart the colors you chose. I have also been scheming on a striped thing, but I haven't neared any definitive decisions yet. My decision-making process is much like yours. And my wallet is full of moths and tumbleweeds at the moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

WORD
PRESS

J OI NU SO RDI E

...er, no seriously it's quite good.

 

post a comment